I love this shirt and I love this idea. Back in July, we had an article running about the Hotspot Bloom from Karen Lee, a former student from Parsons School of Design. She created in 2004 a concept to use a wearable flower with an integrated color LED to indicate if and how strong a WiFi signal is nearby.
The WiFi Detector Shirt is bringing this idea now – finally – to reality. According ThinkGeek, the WiFi Detector Shirt will be available at end of this month for $ 29.99
Many times I have to switch on my laptop to see if there is any WiFi signal nearby only to discover the signal is very low or no signal at all.
There are alternatives such as key rings but they have the tenancy to get lost easy (I am already through with two of them). I can not imagine I will lose my shirt as easy and my WiFi key ring
The WiFi Detector Shirt does not only do yourself a favor but also the people around you by showing off the availability and strength of a WiFi signal around you. The glowing bars on the front of the shirt dynamically change as the surrounding WiFi signal strength fluctuates.
- Glowing animated shirt dynamically displays the current wi-fi signal strength.
- Shows signal strength for 802.11b or 802.11g
- Black 100% Cotton T-Shirt
- Animated Decal is Removable (with hook and loop fasteners) for Easy Washing
- Battery Pack is Concealed in a Small Pocket Sewn Inside the Shirt
- Runs for hours off three AAA Batteries
I canâ€™t wait to get one of those WiFi Detector Shirts. ThinkGeek letâ€™s you sign up vial email to be notified as soon as the WiFi Shirt hits the shelf.